I have a water leak but need to know the name of the part

Asked by Ghyland May 17, 2013 at 07:27 PM about the 2001 Ford Mondeo

Question type: Maintenance & repair


I have a water leak on the right side of the engine just in front of the distributer cap, I'm not sure what the part is called so unable to get it fixed and don't want to be ripped off. (see picture)

Also how easy is it to fix and how much would it cost.

Thank you

3 Answers


Thermostat housing. Looks the same as a focus and they leak all time.

2 people found this helpful.
Best Answer Mark helpful

Dont know the cost but its not hard to do. As long as you can bleed the cooling system correctly when your done.

2 people found this helpful.

Piece of piss two bolts some sandpaper after delude of water. All nice and dry cover gasket both sides with dirko high temp paste. ....no leaks I bet?

Your answer:

Looking for a used Mondeo in your area?

CarGurus has 1,986 nationwide Mondeo listings starting at £995.


Ford Mondeo experts

  • #1
  • #2
  • #3
View all

Find great deals from top-rated dealers


Related models for sale

Ford Focus for sale
630 great deals out of 10,237 listings starting at £495
Volkswagen Passat for sale
122 great deals out of 2,223 listings starting at £995
BMW 3 Series for sale
411 great deals out of 7,038 listings starting at £900
Audi A4 for sale
149 great deals out of 2,160 listings starting at £1,000
BMW 5 Series for sale
157 great deals out of 3,050 listings starting at £1,500
Vauxhall Astra for sale
339 great deals out of 6,751 listings starting at £350
Mercedes-Benz E-Class for sale
258 great deals out of 3,988 listings starting at £995
Mercedes-Benz C-Class for sale
493 great deals out of 6,886 listings starting at £995
Ford Fiesta for sale
706 great deals out of 13,606 listings starting at £490
Honda Civic for sale
174 great deals out of 3,112 listings starting at £699
Mazda Mazda6 for sale
48 great deals out of 890 listings starting at £1,290
Volkswagen Golf for sale
656 great deals out of 10,415 listings starting at £595

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies.